You want to be prepared each time you leave home with your baby whether for a short trip to the grocery on an afternoon or a long weekend getaway. What you pack in your diaper bag is essential if you want to make your trip more fun. There are a few important must-haves that you have to keep stocked in your diaper bag that will keep you ready for whatever may come your way.
The diaper bag has gone a long way when it comes to carrying your baby’s essential necessities. Some of the most important items that you need to bring along inside the diaper bag are:
- Diapers. Stock at least 3 to 4 diapers on short trips at all times.
- Baby wipes. Of course, wipes are the best partners in changing diapers as well as cleaning hands and wiping whatever it is that needs to be wiped.
- Diaper rash ointment. Rash can appear anytime so you should always have a cream handy in your diaper bag.
- Changing pad. You never know where you may be forced to change diapers and changing pads can automatically make most surfaces good for changing diapers.
- Feeding bottle. Always have at least two bottles sterilized and ready in your diaper bag.
- Sippy cup.
- Bib. Feeding the baby without a bib can double the mess plus you would need to pack more clothes if you do not bring along a bib along.
- Formula dispenser. Pre-measured formula stored in these dispensers can make preparing baby formula easy.
- Change of baby clothes. This is actually one of the most important things that you have to pack in your diaper bag. It is best that you bring along two Ziploc bags, one for clean clothes and the other for soiled ones. Without spare clothes, spills and vomits can definitely ruin your trip, making traveling very unpleasant.
- Toys. Keep the baby happy by keeping him busy.
- Blanket. A receiving blanket can be used as baby cover and a lot more.
- Hand sanitizer. You can never tell where your hands can acquire germs and so it is best that you apply sanitizers before carrying your baby.
You can carry diaper bags and still be fashionable. Today, designer diaper bags can be bought almost elsewhere especially on the internet. If you want to stand out in the crowd with your baby in tow, these designer diaper bags will surely put you in the spotlight.
Diaper bags have come a long way from the traditional ordinary, pastel-colored bags adorned with cartoon characters. These bags reflect more than motherhood, they magnify your personal sense of style. Since diaper bags have become as trendy as clothing, new brands, styles, and materials constantly make their debut on the market.